TCNJ Faculty Scholarship Alive and Well this fall 2017 Semester
As the new academic year is off and running, I am excited to share that the Nursing department faculty are not only teaching classes, facilitating clinical rotations, and attending college wide, school and department committee meetings, they are abroad, nationally and regionally sharing their scholarship with their nursing and inter-professional peers.
- Dr. Katie Hooven started September off with a bang by traveling to Prague to represent TCNJ at the World Nursing Conference with a podium presentation based on her grant work related to Population Health and Poverty Simulation.
- Dr. Gerry Alltmiller was busy this month at the NLN Summit 2017 where she presented a very well attended session on her QSEN work including highlighting the QSEN Newsletter that our undergraduate nursing students write feature articles for.
October will bring with it not only a change in the season but our faculty presenting in many locations both nationally and internationally:
- Dr. Jacqui Ioli is sharing her expertise and research in Pediatrics in Delaware at the Nursing of Children Network Regional Conference.
- Sigma Theta Tau Biennial Conference at the end of October will see an influx of TCNJ Nursing and one Health, Exercise Faculty providing poster presentations, podium presentations and a symposium.
- Dr. Sharon Byrne will be sharing information about the development of and integration of our global health course meeting both nursing and liberal learning objectives. She will also present on the topic of nursing and public health students influencing global health through experiential learning.
- Dr. Dolores Dzubaty is focusing her presentation on introducing teaching strategies into the undergraduate nursing curriculum in population health.
- Dr Tracy Perron, Nursing, along with along with Dr. Anne Farrell, HES, and an outside colleague will share their successes and impact on partnering with the community to influence health and wellness through the SNACK grant.